Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Update!....finally

I haven't updated since March and it's June now so I guess it's about time I get too it! April was a better month for our family even though things did get crazy with packing everything we own. I was done packing all my stuff away after two days! It was Justin's stuff that took a whole two weeks. But it was a fun last few weeks in Utah. We tried our best to hang out with Brandon and Alison before we left since we probably wouldn't see them until their future little boy is old enough to marry Emily...but who knows maybe we'll visit them or they come visit us. I don't know how Justin really felt, he seemed happy to leave...but I was sad to leave even though I knew it was going to be better in Mac. I would miss being close to a lot of stores and people. Going out and eating at new places. All of that was the best in Utah. Our favorite place, Tucanos, we went too on our last day in Oregon with Brandon and Ali. I can still taste that Brazilian lemonade that gives me chills every time I think about it! Sigh. But that is all but gone now and now we have a regular walmart and...winco....I think that's pretty much it.
Missing Utah aside we settled in quite nicely other than missing a washer and dryer for the first week and an half. But we love the place and it's very roomy and priceless ;). Better priced, I should say, then our last place. Emily has her own room! We personally love it! And for my birthday Justin let me order a crib for her. I know, I know, getting something for Emily was a really awesome birthday gift for me! What can I say? I'm a mom and I love my little girl :). We ordered it from Walmart online and it's Cherry colored and a sleigh style crib! It also converts to a toddler bed. She did great in her own room! It took her a while to get used to the time change since we always had her on a night time routine but she got over that and is sleeping like a champ! Also! As of 2 months ago-ish, she's completely weened!! I'm proud to say that I no longer need to breastfeed! It wasn't a sad parting because I could tell that Emily was done needing to be nursed and I just stopped and she noticed for the first night and I had to rock her to sleep but after that she went down like normal. Sigh. It feels good to be free!! Not really because you know it's all good bonding time...but I'm pretty glad to be done, she was getting too old for it anyway and I could tell. She is no longer my baby :(.
Anyway Emily is now crawling on all fours. She goes pretty slow but she does it. Unless she is trying to get away from me or get to a toy faster and then she does her little army crawl with one arm over the other like she's crawling under a barbed wire fence in the mud. I posted a video of her crawling and also of her starting to pull up on items around the room. She's pretty funny, she acts like if she tried to pull up too hard it's far to much work for someone so important as herself :P so she stops. That's my little princess!! Anyway, all is well, we enjoy being back in Mac! And I miss Utah sometimes especially when it rains here and when I think about how I never went to Lagoon before we left and it's opened everyday now! grrr...

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Aww, Emily's crawling, how fun! I'm glad you have a blog and I get to see cute Emily still!