Monday, July 13, 2009

Emily Rachel Pardee





So it was July 11th 2009 and I woke up like normal. I hadn't slept very well because I felt some cramping and it was kind of annoying but it went away and it wasn't that bad anyway. So once all of us were up and showered we left to the Airport to pick up Krystal. We got her and went to Wendy's for lunch then went back home. We only visited for a short while and posted a photo of me and Elias dressed in drag on facebook and got everyone started. (little did I know that not soon after I'd have a real picture to post) Then I went to the hospital for my 4 o'clock appointment to get some gel to get labor started. I was kind of nervous because I didn't know what to expect with the medication and what not. I was supposed to go back at 10 after the 4 o'clock appointment. So they took me to a hospital room and one of the nurses came in and checked me and she said I was at a 3 and that my cervix was very "favourable" those were her exact words. So she said she was going to tell my Doctor since she thought that since I was in such good shape for having a baby I could possibly get started then. That's when I got nervous and excited and looked over at Justin who looked pretty anxious. She came back in and told me that it was our choice whether we wanted to stay and put me on pitocin or do my regular gel thing and come back at 10 and I said how about now! We didn't think that would happen so Justin had to leave to go get Krystal and Melissa and my hospital bag. So I was just laying there for a while kind of scared that really bad labor would hit and I would be there alone without Justin. But he was pretty quick! He came back and was like, "Was I quick?" So after that labor started getting harder. Krystal told me to count ceiling tiles to help when a contraction would come. I couldnt concentrate on looking at each tile so I just counted in my head instead. It was funny because I was just looking at something in the room counting and Justin said, "those aren't ceiling tiles". I told him that I stopped counting tiles and resorted to just counting. Contractions were painful but counting help or concentrating on breathing really did and I kept telling myself they were going to go away soon. And Melissa and Justin were over at the machine watching how hard the contractions were because they gave me one of those monitors after the lady checked me and told me I was at a 4. And they were watching the numbers and going, "woah yeah that one was at 56 that time!" And then they asked if I wanted a pain killer or an epidural and I said Epidural right away please! So he came in and started the procedure. Justin was on the other side of the room squatting so he couldn't see the big needle or anything they were doing. He still looked a pale though. He kept starring at me and asking if I was okay and I told him I was fine. It wasnt as bad as I thought it was going to be, kind of like the whole experience. The anesthesiologist told me everything he was going to do and what I was going to feel and I was just laying there breathing through contractions. After that I was just waiting for the epidural to kick in. After that I was in Heaven! I was just lying there waiting and watching how hard the contractions were coming. All I felt was my uterus getting tighter. Then after a long while the nurse came back in to check me and she said that I was ready to go and I was like, "you mean at a 10?" and she said, "yes fully dialated". It was crazy I didn't think it would be THAT fast. Then she explained that Justin would hold one of my legs and she'd hold the other and she told me to push and then breath after she hit 10. I couldn't feel anything so everyone was telling me to push and I thought I was doing a good job but they kept and telling me "push harder". But eventually she said that she was out far enough to call the doctor. The doctor came in and said, "Shes out farther than +1" which is what the nurse was telling us she was out at. And then he pulled her out with the help of my pushing. It was the weirdest feeling ever! It was actually pretty cool. Then the doctor carried her away to hand her off to people to clean her off and Justin was still standing by me looking over to where Emily was but looking like he didn't want to leave me there. I looked at him and said, "Well go see her!" and he looked over at her and then back at me and I had to tell him I was going to be fine and that he should go over and see her. So he did. The look on his face was precious! He was smiling a lot and took a ton of pictures. He eventually came back and told me She's perfect! Then they got her ready and she was asking of Justin wanted to hold her first or me and I said, "I want to hold her!" before Justin could say anything. So I got to hold her and it was magical and what not! Now she is home with us and Justin is always wanting to hold her and craddle her! When I saw her Justin asked what we were going to name her and I said, "she looks like an Emily" and Justin said, "I think so too" so that was that! We had picked that name and put it on our list while we were taking a walk. I had come up with Rachel because I liked the name but Justin didn't like the name for a first name so I suggest Emily Rachel and he liked it. So that is what she is named. Emily Rachel Pardee born July 11th 2009 at 10:11 pm (the time I was supposed to come back the 2nd time for more labor meds) and she weighed 8 lbs 15 oz. One ounce short of being 9 lbs! yikes, good thing I couldnt feel the lower half of my body for all of her birth.

No comments: