Friday, July 17, 2009

Doctor's visit


So I took Emily in yesterday to see the Pediatrician. He is this really tall gangly guy that reminds me of Mr. Tillery! He's always smiling though so I like this doctor. Anyway we went in and got her check up. The nurse kept saying she looked good and what not. Emily got weighed and she was 9 lbs 2 ounces. The doctor said that, that was a pretty good weight gain for first babies because it usually takes a while for milk to come in. So I am happy to report that she is a healthy weight and everything is checking out really good according to the doctor! And last night her stub of an umbilical cord came off. Justin was really worried about it he asked if I was folding down the flap on the diaper so it didn't rub on the umbilical cord. I told him I wasn't doing such a thing! But he told me to call Krystal and ask if it was normal because the video said the cord would fall off in 10 to 14 days. He's always such a concerned new Father! Last night I was getting tired from feeding her and so Justin volunteered for diaper duty. Well...she exploded everywhere and got some poop on Justin's pants. I wasn't in the room because I was eating but he said it was the funniest thing ever. Apparently she got this look on her face like a deer caught in headlights (according to Justin) and then she folded her arms in and made a "I'm pooping" face. Justin spent the night cleaning up poo from various places. I fed her again and then told Justin not to worry about the laundry that I would put it in if he burped her. He said okay and took her to burp her only to find that after the second pat she spat up everywhere on his shirt! He just laughed and said that Emily had it out for him! We are happy to report though that Justin's work pants (that got poo'd on) are not stained and smell fine after a good wash. Thank you to Sister Hinmon for getting us that big basket of laundry stuff including spray and wash!

1 comment:

Krystal said...

Good thing the poo came out! Sometimes... it doesnt... hehehe! good thing it wasnt all over you. When Elias was about a week old he pooped while I was in the middle of changing him and for some reason my hand was cupped and i ended up with a handfull puddle of poo.