Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Everyday for Emily

Everyday Emily wakes up at either seven or eight. Seven on Tuesdays mostly, because Justin gets up at seven those days for meetings. But she get's up when Daddy gets up. I feed her and change her diaper and then she plays for a bit, chillin out and stuff. I brush her gums with her gerber grin's and giggles: strawberry banana flavored! I tasted it once to see why she always licked at it when I would try and brush, it was okay. She hangs out with either me or Daddy before he goes to work. Sometimes I set her on her stomach to see if she'll roll over today. She is starting to do very strong push ups! Before she would only use her chest to get her head up and looking around and flop around like a fish. She is starting to push up on her hands and in the video she gets a really strong one. Strongest I've seen so far. It almost looked like she was going to push herself over. But alas, that may be a month more who knows? But it's exciting to see her progress. When she's in bed and she wakes up it almost seems like she's the best at pushing her self up then, trying to find me or see what's been going on since she was last awake. She is quite adorable! Just not when she wakes up at seven. We had a storm last night and the wind was scraping a bush by my window against it and it was making eerie sounds and it didn't help that we had watched "Paranormal Activity" the night before. And the wind was coming through our swamp cooler and I told Justin that needs to be gone or else! It makes the room very cold. I think that's why last night Emily woke up at three. It wasn't too hard to put her back to sleep though. She usually sleeps through the night so I was a little groggy and upset that she chose the cold stormy night to wake up. The scratches on the window kept me up enough with fear! Anyway back to Emily's day. She takes another nap usually two hours after she gets up, that's when I usually make it her nap because she's always so grumpy by then. She takes at least two naps. By the middle of the day when Justin comes home she's all smiles, giggles and full of life. She loves when Justin comes home! I can get her all smiling and excited but as soon as Justin gets home she's all wild! That's what Daddy's do I guess, all play no work. Emily just sees me as her meal ticket! Anyway, by about eight or nine and on bad days ten, she goes back to sleep. I try to keep a routine of bath (every other night)brushing gums, book, diaper change, feeding and bed. She usually takes very well to the it and she sleeps like an angel until seven or eight unless she wants to upset me then she wakes up at three or sometimes five. Sigh. But she is my good little baby and I love her!

2 comments:

Krystal said...

cute video! i was waiting for the part where she rolls over for the first time and onto the floor! scary couches! :D haha

slara_neowd said...

Hahah Her I'm so happy and proud of myself face is the one you made as a baby. its funny. this is really cute. Ok krystal you think couches are scary. Jonathan fell off a really high bed when he was that age, but i think what you should be most scared of are strollers! Hahahah, I can honestly say i've never had a baby flip out of one of those.... :)