Saturday, January 17, 2009

I'm Pregnant!


It's been a long time since I posted and a while since that picture was taken. I'm now 16 weeks pregnant today. I had my first doctors appointment last Tuesday and they had to draw some blood from me. I thought it was going to be horrible. But I just looked away and closed my eyes and it didn't bother me at all. I didn't feel the needle go in. I just felt it pinch the third time the nurse switched viles to get more blood. Justin though, almost passed out. For the third little thing of blood I saw him sit back and his face was pale and he was sweating a little. I felt so bad for him since I was the one who was supposed to look like that. I didn't look though, I don't know why Justin looked he knows he doesn't like needles. When I told the nurse I thought I was A+ she said, "Oh well then we don't need to get blood from your husband then." and Justin later told me, "I hope you're actually A+ because I don't want them to have to draw blood from me!" We also got to hear the heart beat of the baby. The doctor, who is older and probably thinks about the old wives tales and what not, heard the heart beat and said, "it's going pretty fast, there's the baby girl." hahaha. Justin is still convinced it's a boy. We get to find out on the 11th of February! I go in for an ultrasound because I'll be 19 weeks. I'm very excited! But that is all about that!

2 comments:

Krystal said...

HHAHHAHAHAHHA! THERE IS NO WAY JUSTIN WILL SURVIVE THE DELIVERY ROOM!! hes going to be one of those old fashioned dads who paces in the waiting room... unless no one tells him that when you have a baby, there is blood involved. youll have to have extra nurses in the room just for him.

Anonymous said...

I cant believe you have a belly and that I will not be there to see it by myself but its ok I will love to see your pictures!! you look so cute!! you will have to post pictures from the ultrasound as soon as you get them!!
by the way justin dont feel bad for not been good with needles i think i will have a web page called people-afraid-of-needles.com hahahah